Lets look at different color noises and what they can do for your babies sleep.
White noise is a low-level tone that sounds like a rushing wind or fan. It’s designed to mask other background noise, providing relief from intrusive and disruptive sounds, so it’s perfect for people who are sensitive to noise at night.
Pink noise is similar to white noise in that it is a low-level sound, but it has a different frequency. It is more consistent in frequency and designed to produce a more balanced sound than white noise.Pink noise uses a consistent frequency, or pitch, to create a more even, flat sound, like a steady rain, wind rustling through trees, or waves on a beach.
Brown noise is a low-frequency sound similar to white noise but with a lower pitch. It’s designed to be more calming and soothing, making it perfect for people who are easily disturbed by loud noises.
Overall, finding the right type of noise to help your baby sleep better at night comes down to your babies preference. Try different types and see which one works for your baby. And remember to keep the volume low or utilize a noise-canceling device to create an even more peaceful environment.
Studies show that brown noise might help lower symptoms if you have ringing in your ears.
How noise can help to sleep better.
Noise can be a tricky thing. Too much noise can obviously keep you from getting to sleep, while too little can make your brain focus too much and produce stress. But getting it right can create a pleasant environment that can help you relax and fall asleep.
1. It masks disruptive sounds. Putting on some white noise or other low-level sounds can help mask other sounds that can disrupt your sleep. This will make it easier for you to ignore any outside noise or the noises that somebody else in the house is making.
2. It can create a calming environment. Noise can provide a soothing background that can help distract your brain from all of the thoughts buzzing around it. This will make it easier for you to focus on sleep and nothing else.
3. It can help you relax your body. Low-level noise can elicit the release of endorphins, hormones that can improve your mood and help you relax before bed. They can also help reduce stress and anxiety, making it easier for you to drift off to sleep.
How to get started with noise-aided sleep.
If you’re looking to get started with noise-aided sleep, the process is quite simple. Here are a few steps to get you started:
1. Choose a type of noise. Determine whether you prefer white noise, pink noise, or brown noise. Experiment with different types of noise until you find the one that works best for you.
2. Find a source. You can find a number of options online, from apps to background sounds or podcasts. Choose a source that works best for you.
3. Set a volume. Many noise apps and sources allow you to adjust the volume. Determine what is the most comfortable volume level for you to fall asleep to - something soothing enough to lull you to sleep, but loud enough to drown out any disruptive noise.
4. Turn it on at bedtime. When you are ready to sleep, turn on your selected noise source and sink into a soothing, noise-aided slumber.
Noise can be a great way to help you improve your sleep, so why not give it a try? Experiment with different sounds and levels to find the one that works best for you.
Where to Get White, Pink, and Brown Noise
Get a noise app from your smartphone’s app store or on YouTube.
Get a sound machine
White Noise generating machines:
Ergopouch Whitenoise machine.
So if you're looking for a better night sleep for your baby, try one of these types of noise and you will be in for some sweet dreams!
Sulani is an experienced baby product specialist with over a decade of professional experience in the industry. Her deep understanding of her work is only strengthened by her status as a parent of two, equipping her with great compassion for her clients in addition to her expertise.
Follow Us On Social Media
Visit Our Shop
No. 1142 Burwood Hwy,
Ferntree Gully, Vic 3156.
Mon- Sat 10.00 am -5.00 pm
Sunday 10.00 am - 3 .00 pm
Visit our store and discover the perfect products to welcome your bundle of joy!
Enjoy the convenience of having your gift list all in one place. Plus, you'll have the added bonus of our expert advice & recommendations to make your celebrations even more special!
Yes! We Price Match*
Shop confidently with us knowing you're getting the best price on the market. Our policy makes sure you'll always get a great deal and save big. Submit a pricematch request form online or contact us for amazing savings.